[AccessD] Access Application - RSS Feeds

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Sep 28 18:03:28 CDT 2015

It's a web technology which supplies XML formatted text files usually to  a user's browser at
predetermined intervals when they have the browser open.   However, since it is an
on-demand XML file, you can access it in a variety of ways. There are previous threads here
where Darren Dick and I have done this directly in Access.  So you could add something to
the application to periodically poll a server and get new data.

You will need a web server and a way to get the appropriate data into XML format on the
server (Your can use VBA to export data as XML).

Don't know about the customer sending data via RSS - they would need to upload the data to
their own RSS enabled web server which you would then need to poll periodically and parse
the returned XML.

Do you know why/how  the customer wants to use the RSS feeds?  It doesn't really make a
lot of sense to just stipulate a methodology rather than a use case.

--
Stuart