[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer] Database servers and timezones

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Apr 24 05:48:06 CDT 2016

Hi Stuart

I had forgot about GetUtcDate() so I added this to the query and it returned the same value as GetDate().
So Azure SQL runs at UTC. Of course, you can say - what other option could be universally useful.

I tried this:

    CAST(GetDate() AS datetimeoffset(3)) AS  'datetimeoffset test'

It returns a string: 2016-04-24 10:42:02.467 +00:00
so it just shows the offset on the server. What I am thinking of, is how to handle the offset between users and/or the server in different timezones.

/gustav