[AccessD] Track database changes

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:19:00 CDT 2016

I'm in  the process of upsizing (to SQL), splitting, normalizing and
automating another user's Access (2003) database.

I made an initial copy of his database, to keep as a "base/starting
point" from when I started my process. This is going to take a few month to
do, as it isn't near the top of my priority, and there are something like
250 objects in his mdb.

As I make changes to my copies, I append the date to the mdb
name:(somename_yyymmdd.mdb). As I get to certain milestones, I'd like to
know what has changed on his end, as he is constantly making changes to his
database. He never creates forms or VBA. He only links to external tables,
local "temp" tables and queries. Is there some built in tool, or sample
code that anybody has that can compare my original "base" copy of his to
his most recent (and only) copy?  I don't care about data change, only
links, table structures and querydefs/sql .

Thanks,
David