[AccessD] Track database changes

Steve stehicks at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 27 13:31:26 CDT 2016

FMS Analyser

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessD [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf
Of David McAfee
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 10:19 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Track database changes

I'm in  the process of upsizing (to SQL), splitting, normalizing and
automating another user's Access (2003) database.

I made an initial copy of his database, to keep as a "base/starting
point" from when I started my process. This is going to take a few
month to do, as it isn't near the top of my priority, and there are
something like
250 objects in his mdb.

As I make changes to my copies, I append the date to the mdb
name:(somename_yyymmdd.mdb). As I get to certain milestones, I'd like
to know what has changed on his end, as he is constantly making
changes to his database. He never creates forms or VBA. He only links
to external tables, local "temp" tables and queries. Is there some
built in tool, or sample code that anybody has that can compare my
original "base" copy of his to his most recent (and only) copy?  I
don't care about data change, only links, table structures and
querydefs/sql .

Thanks,
David