[AccessD] Need help with return in a function

John Bodin jbodin at sbor.com
Thu Apr 28 13:37:33 CDT 2016

Hi Chester,

If a file doesn't exist (which you hope is the case after the Delete/Kill issued, Dir will return a 0 for "Len()" function.  If file doesn't get deleted for whatever reason, a number > 0 will be returned.

I think you can change the line to:

Delete_File = Len(Dir$(aFile)) > 0

In the code that calls Delete_File, you could have something like:

if Delete_File(somefile) = false then
     Msgbox "Deleted Failed"
     do something
else