[AccessD] Handling concurrent updates

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 3 10:01:37 CST 2016

Hi all

If you ever have struggled with this in VBA, you know it's a daunting task with a lot of error handling.

For a client, I had to find a smarter method. A bit surprisingly, Bing/Google didn't reveal anything useful, so I ended up with two tiny functions to handle edit and update.
With these it takes (net) only one line of additional code. It is all described here:

   http://rdsrc.us/BvX5Gw

including a demo app and the small code module with the two functions.
If you have access to a Northwind database running in an SQL Server instance, you can run the test right away. You can also relink to an Access database, but that is less fun as the updates are so fast that collisions are much fewer.

/gustav