[AccessD] MS Access Web Apps Javascript(?) Add-Ins - Was:Re[2]: Access and source control

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sat Jan 23 11:40:01 CST 2016

My client's Portfolio Management system all built in MS Access 2010 and Excel
2010 is still running and I still support it. The cost to develop it was about
$50k. However, it's rich functionality including a custom FTP file transfer
facility has effectively replaced an online service that would cost my client
$15k per MONTH based on their AUM (Assets Under Management).

I just left another client where an Access system was built to interface with
a barcode reader to handle incoming returned packages. I don't believe they
are going to replace it any time soon.

Finally, because of the location, I just turned-down a 1 year contact at a
major bank that uses Access to handle their executive equity bonus
compensation requirements.

However, I must admit, there's not much demand out there especially at larger
companies.