[AccessD] MS Access Web Apps Javascript(?) Add-Ins - Was:Re[2]: Access and source control

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Jan 25 09:08:18 CST 2016

 Hi Gustav --

Have a look:  http://tinyurl.com/h4a8yuf

<<<
Office Add-ins platform overview

What can an Office Add-in do?
An Office Add-in can do pretty much anything a webpage can do inside the browser, such as the following:
* Provide an interactive UI and custom logic through JavaScript.
* Use JavaScript frameworks such as jQuery.
* Connect to REST endpoints and web services via HTTP and AJAX.

I mean events to process will be mainly HTML DOM events (there are a few Office Add-Ins platform specific events but they are not for end-user's UI <-> interaction AFAIU). But I'm still to see any real examples (from MS) where a sample Office Add-in is doing "pretty much everything it wants" with a web page it's hosted at...

On the same page I have referred above it's written (about Office Add-In limitation):

<<<

Understanding the runtime
Office Add-ins are secured by an add-in runtime environment, a multiple-tier permissions model, and performance governors. This framework protects the user's experience in the following ways:
* Access to the host application's UI frame is managed.
* Only indirect access to the host application's UI thread is allowed.
* Modal interactions are not allowed, for example JavaScript alerts aren't allowed.
.... >>>

Thank you.

-- Shamil