[AccessD] Video Rental DB

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:53:05 CDT 2016

Just a quick glance, that appears to be more of a software to collect a
list of movies and / or music.

A little back story. :)

Back in February my wife (and I) bought a little retail store. In the back
of the store was a video rental section.

We were going to shut it down, after all who rents movies at a brick and
mortar store these days? :)

Well, we come to find out, a lot of people. We add at least 1 new customer
per day as they find out about it.

The P.O.S. (if you can call it that) for the rental side of the store is an
old DOS based application running on a Windows ME or 2000 system. I think
POS doesn't stand for Point of Sales, it's more like Piece of Sh*t :)

I could copy the flat dbase table structure thatthe software uses, but I'd
like to design something a little better.
I want to do it in Access first as a rapid development tool, just to show
the employees my thought on how the software should work.

In time, I'd like to connect to the web and/or make it a mobile app or web
based software.