[AccessD] Further to keyboard problem

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 09:34:42 CST 2016

Maybe worth stopping the Fast-Restart option, and checking that the Setting for
the Power-Button is SHUT-DOWN rather than hibernate/sleep,
so the system does a proper restart rather than 'win-10 faster startup' that is
actually an awakening  from hibernate.

Substantially slows down closedown and restart - but there is the
maybe-get-at-YOUR-PC option rather than accept the MS modified instance of Win
10.

And - is your BIOS set to look to boot from other than the hard drive - pretty
much essential to be able to boot from a CD or USB device if you want to do
maintenance to deal with the more usual and annoying Win-10 problems

Happy for you that this was amenable to backout.

The point about the 'Restore CD' - Paragon EASEUS etc. tend to be pretty basic
Linux OS's which would, if you could get the laptop to boot from one, have gone
back to basic (BIOS? specified) input devices.

JimB