[AccessD] An app default was reset - was Further to keyboard problem

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Mar 8 17:41:28 CST 2016

Yeah, I can appreciate that many folks are totally clueless and MS has to deal with them all - from the smartest to the dumbest.

However they should provide the option for more sophisticated users to get better UI feedback when things happen and maybe a zippo feedback for some is also a good idea (although those folk probably already purchase Apple products).  I don't want to see "Just wait, we're updating your system" with pretty colours rotating.  I want to see what you darn well are doing - exactly what you are updating and when.

In fact just telling 'mum and dad' type users that "You app has been reset" is only going to confuse the crap out of them anyway.  That'll be another "My computer has a virus" call to me that I will have to log in using teamviewer and check out.

I appreciate there is probably no easy answer here - although I am big fan of giving people choices and options on these things.  And that seems to be becoming less and less an option.