[AccessD] Importing XLSX

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:06:25 CDT 2016

Automate Excel through Access. If Excel 2007 and higher is your most
recently installed Excel version, that will be used to open the .xlsx file,
then saveas in code paying particular attention to both extension and the
fileformat intrinsic constant for 2003 files, which to Excel is xlExcel8
but if you use CreateObject instead of setting a reference to Excel, use
56. Then use Transfer spreadsheet.

If you have most recently installed Excel 2003, then that is what will open
the file, and it will be in Compatibility mode. Likewise do a SaveAs, but I
am not sure there was a FileFormat property back then. If there was, it
likely was not 56, it might have been some number in the 4000's.