[AccessD] Help with an Access web app -- finding records without matching related records

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon May 23 07:15:08 CDT 2016

B. Reason - too limited.   There's not much you can do with web apps in the
their current form besides basic CRUD.   So yes their great for data
collection, but that's it.  No printing, reporting, e-mailing only within
your own domain, etc all limit the usefulness of web apps.

=========I guess I'm just living in a cave, but I'm not seeing many
full-service web apps -- the kind you speak of. :) I'm seeing people enter
data, get a bit of feedback and go their merry way until they do it again.
We have several full service web apps at  Salato -- Fish & Wildlife -- so I
know they're out there. We use one at the front desk, but it's...
development process was slow and it doesn't work the way it's supposed to,
but I don't blame the technology. The application and support sucks. Like
many government agencies, our IT department is ... no where near adequate to
support an entire agency. We have four people in IT.

But, as you say -- there's no way I could build  what they're building with
Access Web apps - so you're right, there's no comparison if you need full
service. On the other hand, the small tasks that we need that they won't
even talk to us about -- those I can accomplish totally without their
support and input.

 So I would think twice about investing any real time or energy into web
apps as Microsoft doesn't seem to be going anywhere with it based on the
past two releases.  If you have something that fits well, such as doing data
collection, then go for it.

=========I'm not investing anything but a little time. :)

Susan H.