[AccessD] DLookup vs FindFirst

John Bodin jbodin at sbor.com
Tue May 24 12:26:19 CDT 2016

Rocky, assuming the table you need to do the lookup in is a Linked Access table, I would open the table using the below code (there are multiple variants out there on the web) which will allow you to use the lightning fast Seek method.   You will need an index in the related table on what you are Seeking on.   Much faster than either method you mention.

http://access.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0006.htm

John

John Bodin
sBOR Office Systems