[AccessD] Hyperlink Questions

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:32:01 CDT 2016

I'm deconstructing an mdb written (so to speak) by various people and ran
across an interesting situation.  In one form, the OnClick event of a
button contains code to create a Word.Application object and set its
visible property to True.  Then it sets the HyerlinkAddress property of the
button to a Word document in a subordinate folder, and then opens a
report.  Apparently Word attempts to open that document immediately, which
confuses me no end because I can't see what would cause the hyperlink to be
followed unless we're somehow triggering one of the hidden events of the
command button.  There are no helpful comments in the code, of course.

Can anyone explain it to me, please?

Charlotte Foust
(916) 206-4336