[AccessD] Mixed Office and the packageer

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri May 27 09:59:29 CDT 2016

Dear List:

The guy who acquired my manufacturing system is considering moving to A2010
or more likely A2013.

At the moment it is still an mdb, compiled and distributed with a version of
A2003, and they are still using the Wise/Sagekey scheme I adopted lo those
many years ago.

I understand the packager in 2010 (and 2013) is quite robust and can produce
a run time version.

Question is how well does that play if the client machine has a different
version of Office installed (BTW, switching to late binding is a task that I
think has come to the top of the list).

And what happens to those who have O2003 installed?

Should the front end be converted to accdb/accde or can it remain as an mdb
for the near term?  Same question for the back end.

And what other problems are going to accrue to this move that I don't know
enough to ask?

MTIA
Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software