[AccessD] 3 Dates Questions

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sat Nov 5 13:01:58 CDT 2016

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1akv3zu8jvxf4e9/MarriageIndex.accdb?dl=0
Question has to do with this report, and any others I might make:
ReportBasedOnqryGroomOrder

Q 1) When I open the report, the header date shows as Saturday, 05 Nov 2016
and Alexander Hugh's date shows as 19 Oct 1778. When my friend opens it,
Alexander's date shows as 10/19/1778 (all dates show that way). I'm sure it
has to do with the way I have my computer's dates set. Is there a way to
force dates in reports to show up dd MMM yyyy, regardless of the way the
system is set up?

Q 2) Same report. In the table, the Notes field is set as a memo, and the
form has the scrollbar to see all of the field. Scroll down to Chadwick for
my example. I put a bunch of garbage in the notes field. How do I make the
report expand/contract to be the size needed?

Q3) See ! Sample entry where I need to enter *just a year* in the date field
so I can put "2nd month, 9th day" in the notes when Quaker marriage dates
are encountered. Besides Quaker dates, sometimes all I have is a year.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net