[AccessD] 3 Dates Questions

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sat Nov 5 18:31:56 CDT 2016

> To your first question: Set the Format property to: dd mmm yyyy.

When seeing that area, I was thrown by the dropdown box only giving some
choices. But with what you said, I ignored the choics and put in the  dd mmm
yyyy. It works on my end, so now I just need to wait until my friend sees my
email to check it again to see if it worked on her end. I'm optimistic.

> Re 2: Set property CanGrow for the textbox to: Yes

I knew there was someplace that should show up, just couldn't find it.
Finally did, so that now works.

> Re 3: There is no way to do this for a date field.
> If you only have the year, enter year-1-1. If you have year and month,
enter
> year-month-1.
> You can easily create a Quaker Date formatted string with Format.

I need clarification for -1-1. Are you giving some way that I can put in 1
Jan 1850 and have it suppress the 1 and the Jan? That would work as long as
it was for just that record, but not if it does it for all records. But I
definitely don't want it to show up as 1 Jan when the date might be mid
year.

> Use the ISO sequence, yyyy-mm-dd, which nowhere can be misread

It would have to be yyyy mmm dd. 2016 Mar 05 would be ok, but... Some people
that would ultimately read the report aren't that bright, so 3 digit month
name is mandatory. Is that something set by system or specific field in the
databse? If by system, then it's the same problem I have now.

And no, Darryl, I'm not using VBA.

Kathryn

---