[AccessD] Speed Issues on network just with Access App

John Bodin jbodin at sbor.com
Tue Nov 8 09:19:08 CST 2016

Agreed on the dead end.  I have to propose upgrading to a newer(est) version of Access and ultimately SQL Server on the back end.  But there is testing that would need to be done no matter if we go with any version 2010 and higher on both the FE and BE, never mind SQL Server.  System has been pretty rock solid over the past 15 years, a few corruptions here and there, except for this most recent speed issue.

I did just check with the user who got his XP machine back and he worked just fine all yesterday and so far today.  He's a happy camper even though he went back in time.  This pretty much confirms that XP is really fine so it does give me both options - short-term XP Mode, longer term upgrade to newer Access and eventually SQL Server.  It will also open up the discussion for an existing retail industry solution so I will have to see how that conversation goes.

John Bodin

sBOR Office Systems

jbodin at sbor.com<mailto:jbodin at sbor.com>