[AccessD] Error: Your network access was interrupted

John Bodin jbodin at sbor.com
Wed Nov 9 20:41:24 CST 2016

David, what version of Access are you using?  Also, are the workstations hard-wired or using WiFi?  If WiFi, that's a big risk running database apps on those.  Are you running Windows 7, 8.x, 10?  What version of Windows is on the server?

>From some searches, I've seen a fair amount of responses that it is Access, not the network.   Are there any XP boxes on the network and if so, do they experience the same issue?  Windows servers have a drive disconnect setting that I believe is 15 minutes of inactivity.  You see the drives with Red "X's" on them.  If a user were to get the error again, have them open Explorer/My Computer and see if the drive your apps is on has Red "X's".

Here's a lot of chatter about this.  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_access-mso_other/your-network-access-was-interrupted-to-continue/61ed2ca6-ec77-40dd-8251-6f453a6ecb85

John