[AccessD] Perhaps I'm just being a dolt...I hope!

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:46:51 CST 2016

Hi John,

I believe something has happened with your data so that you no longer
have a one to one relationship where you used to have that.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Edit-data-in-a-query-6ca3edfc-6d66-4d90-8219-c2b258d5bed7

tells us;

-----------------------------

When can I edit data in a query?

You can always edit the data in a query when the query is based on
either only one table or on two tables that bear a one-to-one
relationship to each other.

Note: Even when you can edit data in a query, some of its fields may
not be available for editing. Such cases are listed in the following
section.

---------------------------and

When can I not edit data in a query?

You can never edit the data in a query when:

The query is a crosstab query.

The query is a SQL-specific query.

The field you are trying to edit is a calculated field. In this case,
you may be able to edit the other fields.

The query is based on three or more tables and there is a
many-to-one-to-many relationship.

Note: Although you cannot edit the query datasheet in this case, you
can edit the data in a form when the RecordsetType property of the
form is set to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates).

The query contains a GROUP BY clause.