[AccessD] [dba-OT] Our first Winter Storm of the season!

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Nov 27 05:07:28 CST 2016

Like I said - no such thing as a banana "tree".   :)

Trees have perennial (1) , woody (2) trunks.

1.  The banana is a herb similar to ginger etc  (only bigger). It grows from a rhizome,  The
"trunk" dies after it has borne one crop of fruit.  New banana plants are generate as suckers
by the rhizome and they are short lived.  Only the rhizome itself is "perrenial".

2.  The banana doesn't have a trunk, woody or otherwise. (Other non- trees such as
bamboos and palms, do have trunks)   The banana's  pseudostem is just a compressed
mass of leaves (like an onion or  leek)

See http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/t0308e/T0308E03.htm

:)