[AccessD] Odd Behavior on one profile on one machine

RANDALL R ANTHONY RRANTHON at sentara.com
Thu Oct 20 13:35:57 CDT 2016

Charlotte,
Had a similar issue.  In short, user got new workstation and could not invoke an Excel report from the Access app.  Same results, works fine on another machine, works for other users on his  machine.  There appeared to be a "ghost" install in his profile in that it was loading the 15.0 Excel library when it should be 14.0.  Once I submitted the fix below and gave them a screenshot, the network team finally fixed his issue.

Under HKeY_ClASSES_ROOT >> TypeLib >> {00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
There was an additional registry entry 1.8 and from the square outlined indicated, it was listed as Excel 15.0 Object library.  I exported this to save, then deleted it from the registry.  Once I did this and restarted the workstation, I was able to use the /resrvr32 switch to register the Excel.EXE file in his office directory.

Regards,