[AccessD] Exporting from an Access Report to Excel

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:07:25 CDT 2016

Are your users just doing a print preview then Export to Excel?  If so, is
the missing column generated by some kind of summary or calculation?  I've
had problems in the past with this.

I freaked out the first time one of my users presented me with an Excel
spreadsheet that had 'missing data'.  I couldn't figure out where the
spreadsheet had come from in my database until the user pointed out the
Export to Excel option.  I didn't even know it existed!  When this happens,
I try to get the users to let me build a query which generates the correct
data and give them a button which exports it properly.

Doug