[AccessD] Record counter not working

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat Sep 3 13:28:05 CDT 2016

Dear List:

I have two text boxes on a form - one shows the total number of records to
be processed and the other is a counter.  So that the form shows that
there's something going on (i.e., Processing Record: 14 of 250).

I put

Me.txtRecNo = Me.txtRecNo + 1

At the top of the look but it didn't update.

So I added:

Me.Repaint

Still no update. So I added:

DoEvents

Still no update.  It always reads 0 of n (I initialize the text box with a
zero).

Any idea why I can't get this to update?  I use this technique a lot to let
the user know at what point in the process the program is, and it is often
unreliable.  I have used a long variable for the counter and just plugged
the variable into the text box after it was incremented but that doesn't
work in this case.

Any ideas appreciated.

MTIA

Rocky Smolin