[AccessD] Basic Question (Probably) that I just don't know

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Sep 22 14:03:37 CDT 2016

 <<If I understand correctly, you are saying that there are settings with
the DB for this? I wouldn't think she'd have done anything differently, but
this would make sense.>>

  Access settings (with a DB open, it's under File, Options, Client
Settings, Default Open Mode).   If one user has their settings defaulted to
"exclusive", then even if the privs are right, only that person will have
access to the DB if their the first in, and if not the first in, they won't
be able to open it.

  Like wise if they have a shortcut with the /excl switch (rare - but I've
seen setups for admins where they have a shortcut on the desktop with this,
and then use it out of habit).

 Everyone should have this setting as "Shared", and have full privs for the
FE/BE directories and then you shouldn't have any problems.

Jim.