[AccessD] Excel from Access (COM) - Need to read all rows in all sheets

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Apr 24 22:02:57 CDT 2017

The easiest way to do it is to import it into an Access Table using
TransferSpreadsheet.  Then you can treat it just like any access table of
data.

Otherwise you can use automation.  Define some objects

Dim objXLApp As Object ' Excel.Application
Dim objXLBook As Object ' Excel.Workbook
Dim objXLWS As Object ' Excel.Worksheet

Then Set objXLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
And objXLApp.Workbooks.Open & "MySpreadsheet.xls"

You can read the individual cells, switch sheets, cycle through the sheets -
I've used a lot of automation and anything you can do in Excel you can do to
a spreadsheet from Access using VBA.

You can get started just by Googling Access Automation of Excel.  Or dig up
an Access Developer's Handbook.  Very good explanations with code samples.

The best tricj I ever learned was to use the macro recorder in Excel to
generate code to do what you want to do from Access, then just crib out the
code from Excel and paste into access.'

HTH

Rocky