[AccessD] Error 3014 Cannot open any more tables

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Apr 27 05:24:23 CDT 2017

 <<File sharing locks
have nothing to do with the recordsets in a FE however.  Those locks
control access to the BE.>>

 Of course they do.   The file locks are held by the OS where the database
containing the table resides, but that's done are the request of the
client/FE working with the recordset.   If the db engine can't take out any
more locks, a error is raised.

 Typically though, that's "Not enough resources".   This error is usually
bumping into the 2048 table ID limit.

Jim.