[AccessD] Error 3014 Cannot open any more tables

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 10:07:12 CDT 2017

Jim - Thank you for this suggestion.  I may have to do this - the app ran
all night on my laptop (local copies of the data - NOT networked) and it
never crashed.  But on the shop floor it's crashing now after about 3
hours.  Better than 30 minutes...but still not cool.

I already  do this 'task scheduler' start up with a different access
application I created a couple of years ago, so I know what you're
describing.  I have a powershell script that is launched by the scheduler
which closes access if it's already open, and then launches a new instance
of the app.  I can do this the same way.

Do you think this problem could have anything to do with the fact that my
form is based on a temporary table which I'm emptying and refilling via
queries every 30 seconds?  I'm asking because I have another app on the
shop floor which runs all day long without ever generating this error...but
it's linked to a local table, and it's not being re-queried all day long.
I'm guessing that's got to be the reason behind this.

Janet