[AccessD] Entering a date in a query - no longer able

John W. Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Fri Feb 10 12:28:09 CST 2017

I don't think I asked three questions in each of the previous 2-3 years, yet I'm about to ask for help for the 3rd time in the last few months...twice in this calendar year already.

I have a database in our Treasurer's office which has become quite a PITA. Right now I have two issues with it. First a phantom record coming from "somewhere." Second...and the question I have at the moment...we can no longer enter dates in the date fields using  the queries, which is how they've done it for years.

I don't remember creating these queries so I think they did them, but I've supported them and designed the initial DB.  There are a couple date fields in them and the calendar pops up as it normally does, but nothing happens when you choose a date...the calendar goes away and that is it. We also cannot enter in the field manually.

Is there some simple reason I'd not be able to add to a query while being able to add to the table?

I've got a feeling I'm being a dolt here, but in my defense we're getting ready for a county-wide roll-out of IP telephones, and we're at the tail-end of a migration to Exchange 365 email system, so Access, which I barely touch these days, is pretty much just in the way right now.

Notice: This electronic transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you believe you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited. Niagara County is not responsible for the content of any external hyperlink referenced in this email or any email. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY PAPER OR ELECTRONIC COPIES. Thank you for your cooperation.