[AccessD] Destroying form object causes Access 2013 to crash?

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:28:12 CST 2017

I revise my statement.  It seems to be something in the Control Scanner (or the Text or Cbo Class) doing it.  If I comment out the entire control scanner I can close the form crash free.

I just copy and pasted those classes from John’s posts and everything compiles okay.. Not sure what changed as the classes ‘work’ when in the form but something about the scanner or the class instantiation causes the crash on close.

One thing I do notice is that the clsTxt and clsCbo classes do not ever empty (‘nothing’) the objects.  I assume (probably wrongfully?) that when you set mfrm = nothing it also destroys the class objects that it created?