[AccessD] Destroying form object causes Access 2013 to crash?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:41:16 CST 2017

Can't help you here. Now being retired and living on a very limited and
fixed income, I haven't upgraded Office beyond 2007.

Mind you, I haven't totally abandoned coding, but at this point it's not
job-oriented, it's mostly for fun. Recently I solved the Sudoku problem,
and to test my solution I Googled for the world's most difficult problems.
The problem generally considered the world's most difficult took my code a
tad under 5 minutes to solve. Left to my own devices, it may have taken
years.

I have an old friend who is a gifted mathematician. He solved the Rubik's
Cube problem in five minutes, and did so without so much as touching a
physical cube. That kind of math is way beyond me, but he did it. (In this
context, a solution means, Given any actual configuration of a Rubik's
Cube, devise the sequence of moves to solve it.) If my understanding of
this problem is correct, so far humans can far outstrip algorithms to
derive a solution. Numerous people in the world can solve a given problem
within 30 seconds. How they do that is totally baffling to me. I accept
that I'm an old-timer.

I'm still working on the Chess problem, and am taking an approach radically
different than Big Blue, etc. I call it the Teleological Approach. The idea
in general is that given a knowledge of the Book of End Games, plus the
current position, I have to guide you into one of the known End Game
positions. This seems a more viable strategy than the Deep Blue brute-force
strategy. I'm some small percentage toward the implementation of this
strategy, but I'm working on it.

A.