[AccessD] 64-but ONLY front end ?

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:35:20 CST 2017

A deeper look:

Access 2013 32-bit on 64 bit OS:
https://i.imgur.com/erUcFpo.png

Access 2003 32-bit on 32 bit OS:
https://i.imgur.com/1qCRQLm.png

By the time I load my app up with JUST the switchboard open:

Access 2013 32 bit:
https://i.imgur.com/OkYxSsg.png

Access 2003 32 bit:
https://i.imgur.com/DeStcnt.png

So I'm using 40% more memory just to run Access 2013!  Once I hit a "TOTAL"
number of around 1.45GB I start getting out of resource errors.   When
switching to 64 bit my memory wall becomes big enough (up to 8TB) that it's
never ever a problem.

Here we are with 5 of our most used and most commonly opened forms all
opened up:
https://i.imgur.com/RjPRpnd.png

We are just barely skirting that limit here.  It would not take much (just
a slightly larger data set on one of the forms) to stop the user in it's
tracks.

Those same forms open in Access 2003:
https://i.imgur.com/ed296vH.png