[AccessD] Are MS KB patches cumulative?

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:11:05 CST 2017

I'm trying to patch up past a error number off by 1 bug in Access 2013
runtime. I figure I'll jump to the latest version I can to avoid any other
bugs that were fixed.

This is the bug I'm trying to get past:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2889947/hotfix-kb2889947-for-access-2013-october-14,-2014-access-x-none.msp

But the 2013SP1 runtime is several months older than that patch.

Here's what I'd like to jump to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3118349/january-3,-2017,-update-for-access-2013-kb3118349

This shows the MSAccess.exe would be up to 15.0.4893.1000 which nearest I
can tell is the latest version.

I wonder though if DLL's and other dependencies skipped by jumping patches
will cause grief?  It let me slap the patch right over the latest RunTime
install without barking. I figure if there was a dependency it needed to
meet first it would have whined?