[AccessD] System Image Failure

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 11:50:58 CDT 2017

Hi,

Re backup volume - I'm considering the monthy backup and then the months daily
incrementals.
Lots of development and maintenance facilities on the system.

However as indicated before - those going to use cloud backup need to consider
the restore time and effort needed to get back their system? Apps? And data from
the backups they will have posted to the cloud
For me - I'd probably not need to have the incrementals from the system image -
Just the full backup from major app changes (maybe 3 a year)  and the
incrementals from the data.  MS can reupdate the OS with their latest image,
retaining the settings from my restored old backup.

Connection being online all the time is a matter of what the cloud backup's
processing requires
So the online all the time consideration would be a matter of how the facility
you (or I ) get actually work

My use of Spideroak backup is for my personal stuff needed for resetup of my
environment.
I do not run the service from system startup, just when I will be updating those
files, and then I quit the facility
It will run catch-up on files updated while it was not running.
Also - the ongoing backup is of the changed blocks of the files - so effectively
an incremental changes set. and not the complete file in each set.

Note - Onedrive
with a 50Mb link runs about 3GB of upload a day seems to be MS throttling, at
their end, or maybe the app they installed on my PC, and is not reliable  -
manual drag-n-drop mode
Sync is a is even more of a pain
So no use for automating an upload of the monthly backup -  let alone the daily
incrementals

JimB