[AccessD] are PowerApps destined to fly?

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Jul 25 20:49:20 CDT 2017

Not wanting to get into a 'my phone's OS is better then yours' but here are a couple of observations.

1: The few folks I know who have owned a windows phone have liked it a lot, but there just isn't the apps or phone models to make it viable.  MS basically missed the mobile boat and then were too slow when they did jump on board.

2: Android has more than 65% of the mobile phone market vs 33% for iOS.  Credible reports put Android's share as high as 88%.  However, Combined iOS and Android have 99.6% of the mobile Market.

3: Good Android phones are very good, but you need to spend big $ too.  There is little use comparing a >$100 Android with a $900 iPhone.  Cheap Android phone are fairly horrid to use (vs the good ones and iOS) but are great value for what you get vs the outlay.

4: The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is one of the best phones out there.  Android based and wonderful to use - but it is not cheap.  It is not buggy either.

5: Android's biggest weakness is 'fragmentation'.  Again if you have a quality phone (or pure android phone) this is less of an issue (or non issue).

6: Your mileage will vary as there are different carrier and plans in every country.