[AccessD] Automate backup

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 10:53:02 CST 2017

Depending on the concurrency activities -
You may have problems with a .bat or other scheduled process getting access to
the file when a particular user closes the file

- OK convoluted maybe but what seems to be a simple process is complicated by
the OS -

A script initiated at the opening of the file - which could be a .cmd script
that does the open for the user, and then - either after a set interval, or as
the next running task in the script
Initiates a backup process such as robocopy?
That facility will need to wait, or have a delay loop facility to hold off the
processing until it can get exclusive use of the database file
And also stop multiple copies of the script from running concurrently, or being
scheduled
As in once it is scheduled to run all other attempts to start it get ignored, or
voided.

And - there is then the time when user 1 finished using the file and the backup
started  so user 2 (or even user 1) cannot immediately access the database.

JimB