[AccessD] Running Dir from Batch file in MSAccess

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 12 16:49:45 CDT 2017

Jack:

I have always viewed Access as just a great graphic front end for any application. Its true beauty is in its capability to connect to virtually any source. Its batch file shell, alternative data sources, mail, web and internet access is just the start. I was always a lazy programmers so anything I could hack together, code I could steal, rather than build, was always a plus. I think MS Access was built for guys like me.

OTOH, it is best, where at all possible, to assemble batch files internally and write them out and then run them...stops potential of batch file corruption. For me, "simple" generally translates into "reliable".

Another note: In my opinion, it is always better (much faster uploads especially when thousands of mixed graphics are being used) to store a JPG file externally, in its own directories and then call it from the application rather than store the graphic in a DB.

OTOH, if the person you are working with needs to go with a pure Access solution...

Jim