[AccessD] WithEvents and Windows Phone Colours

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri May 5 03:41:32 CDT 2017

Hi all

I had a need for a "colour picker" for the nice original Windows Phone colour palette. The codes are impossible to remember, so I was looking for a method to point and click to copy a value for later to be pasted into a property pane.

As I wanted all values presented in the three often used formats for CSS, VBA, and as hex values - and had the colour values as an enumeration - I also needed some converter functions. Not much, and with a simple loop all field values could be set.

However, writing code for 63 fields looked like a daunting task. This is where WithEvents came in and solved that with a few handfuls of code.

I wrote it all up here as there are so few examples found demonstrating WithEvents:

    https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/29554/Create-Windows-Phone-Colour-Palette-and-Selector-using-WithEvents.html

with a reference to John Colby's old tutorial on WithEvents for the interested reader. The only principal difference to John's example is, that I didn't use 63 variables but a collection (as I learned from Shamil) to hold the controls.

The colour palette of Windows Phone I have previously used here:

    https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/17684/Modern-Metro-style-message-box-and-input-box-for-Microsoft-Access-2013.html

/gustav