[AccessD] Delete Record Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue May 9 17:26:30 CDT 2017

Dear List:

I have a bound form.  With a delete button.  Behind the button is some
simple code.  The line which runs the delete is being executed; "Delete
Done" message is displayed.

But the record is not being deleted.  It's still there!

I've posted the delete module's code below.

I have another form that does Accounting Firm Courses instead of Society
Courses.  Same problem!

Any idea why this simple command is not working?  This is an mdb being
developed in A2010.

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

760-683-5777

 <http://www.bchacc.com> www.bchacc.com

 <http://www.e-z-mrp.com> www.e-z-mrp.com

Skype: rocky.smolin

If IsNull(Me.fldSocietyCourseOfferingID) Then Exit Sub

If gintAccessLevel < 3 Then

    MsgBox "Read Write Access Required", , vbExclamation

    Exit Sub

End If

On Error GoTo IsIt2501:

Dim inI As Integer

    intI = DCount("fldCourseOfferingID", "tblParticipantCourseOffering", _

        "fldCourseOfferingID = " & Me.fldSocietyCourseOfferingID)

    If intI <> 0 Then

        intReply = MsgBox("This Course Offering appears in " & intI _

            & " Particpant Course History record(s). " _

            & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Deleting this Course Offering will delete
it from those Participant histories. " _

                & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Do you still wish to delete this Course
Offering?", vbYesNo)

        If intReply = vbNo Then

            MsgBox "Course Offering Not Deleted.", vbExclamation

            Exit Sub

        End If

    End If

    intReply = MsgBox("OK to Delete this course?", vbYesNo)

    If intReply = vbNo Then

        MsgBox "Delete Canceled.", vbExclamation

        Exit Sub

    End If

    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord

    MsgBox "Delete Done.", vbExclamation

    Exit Sub

IsIt2501:

    If Err.Number = 2501 Then

        Exit Sub

    Else

        MsgBox "Error: " & Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description

    End If