[AccessD] Delete Record Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue May 9 20:09:14 CDT 2017

I tried the DoCmd.RunSQL approach earlier and had some trouble so I
abandoned it.  So I went back to it and managed to get it working but in a
way that doesn't make me happy.  Someday some programmer will have to
maintain this and say "What the F!" but for the moment this, believe it or
not, works.  Thanks for push.

And yes, both Requeries are necessary.

Rocky

    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    DoCmd.RunSQL "Delete * FROM tblSocietyCourseOfferings WHERE " _
        & "fldSocietyCourseOfferingID = " & Me.fldSocietyCourseOfferingID
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    Me.Requery

    Me.cboSocietyCourseOfferings.Requery
    MsgBox "Delete Done.", vbExclamation
    Me.Requery
    Exit Sub

IsIt2501:
    If Err.Number = 2501 Then Exit Sub
    If Err.Number = 3167 Then Resume Next

    MsgBox "Error: " & Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description