[AccessD] Zero-width characters in query

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Thu May 25 00:48:54 CDT 2017

I ran into something today that left me scratching my head.  I ran a query
to extract the first letter of a company name to use as an index.  About 42
out of some 60k came back empty and no editing I could do would change that.

I hunted around the internet and found a few issues with SharePoint and
Unicode but nothing that made sense in context.  Have any of you ever
happened on this?  I found a way to fix the fields, because i could find no
way to query around it.  The length of the string was for the visible
characters, but the first character wasn't visible.

Charlotte Foust
916-206-4336