[AccessD] Handle Zip and Cabinet folders (files)

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Nov 10 02:38:16 CST 2017

Hi Bill

There are many variations on this - also here where Stuart once posted an example - and the core code is often the same with some variations.

The functions you refer to seem to serve specific purposes, some with user interaction, while the goal for mine was to have a pair of very generic functions you can use everywhere and which will free you from the "plumbing" - checking/creating files and folders, good error handling, and returning meaningful result code.
Also, the action of the functions is very similar to that of Windows Explorer when you operate it manually, for example by creating versioned zip folders (zipfolder.zip, zipfolder (2).zip, zipfolder (3).zip, etc.) if you chose not to overwrite an existing zip.

/gustav