[AccessD] AI

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 14 21:28:18 CST 2017

AI reaching a singularity is probably a long way off so anything we say has no bearing on that future.

Of course, the article was describing a technical hurdle that had been mastered. That hurdle was the ability for a computer system to be able to program itself to do a specific task by creating a better algorithm than that of the technicians that initially designed and programmed it. That programming ability does open up all sorts of possibilities and my main concern would be in the immediate future, that a computer is able to make better programs than a human developer could make. Could MS Access 2020 allow any person to code, script or program any database solution via voice commands?

Just like the Chinese building a quantum computer, placed on a satellite and communicating with a similar system on the ground, was supposed to have transferred a single atom, between the two stations via a technique called quantum-entanglement. It does suggest that FedX, the company, is not in any immediate danger...just its drivers.

Small steps Eli, small steps...

Jim