[AccessD] Honeywell scanner

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Nov 28 13:22:00 CST 2017

Bob.

 Is the scanner RS232 based?   That's usually the reason for using a VB as a
front end.

 The mscomm control came with VB and it will work with Access, but it's not
licensed for use with Access.

 I'm actually dealing with something similar now.   Have a weigh bridge in
Australia that uses a VB6 app for the comm part and controls Access via OLE.
They want to update the Access side, but can't.

 I've come up with some WinAPI code to drop into Access to do the RS232
part.  If it works, then we're going to drop the VB6 part entirely.

Jim.