[AccessD] Can anyone help me with this

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 11:03:07 CDT 2017

John,

Is it possible that the behaviour occurs at the hardware level, rather than
the OS or SQL Server? I'm thinking of Energy Conservation settings. I have
a tower I have that randomly shuts off and just as randomly turns back on.
If I intrude, i.e. press the power button while the machine is in "shut
off" mode, then it comes back to life much more quickly than after a cold
boot, and it returns to precisely where I left it. It also seems, although
I haven't verified this, that if I run gmail on that machine (since I get a
lot of email), that seems to preserve the connection and prevent the
shutdown.

Arthur
​