[AccessD] Idle Access seems to drop connection

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Oct 19 17:08:55 CDT 2017

Windows drops inactive mapped network drives....default is 10 minutes.

You can disable that with a GPO or by modifying the registry.

Other potential item; do you keep a connection open to the backend for The life of the app? Could be the connection to the backend database is closing and when logging back in again there’s quite a bit of overhead.  30 seconds is excessive though.

More than likely it’s a map drive disconnecting

Jim

Sent from my iPhone