[AccessD] Combo box puzzle

Tina N Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Oct 28 14:21:32 CDT 2017

Hi,

There is a table with just two date records - December 14, 2017 and
December 15, 2017. These are pickup dates for Christmas food baskets.
The date field is set to 'short date' or 12/14/2017 and 12/15/2017.

The selected date is to be stored in a date field in the family record
in the households table.

On the data-entry form, I placed a combo box (using the wizard), to
select the values from the tblChristmas_Pickup_date table and store it
in the HH_Christmas_Date field in the tblHouseholds table. The field is
set to short date.

Testing the data entry, as soon as I select the date from the combo box,
I get this error:

The value you entered isn't valid for this field.
For example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number
that is larger than the FieldSize setting permits.

I can go into the tblHouseholds table and put the date in that field.
Then, when I attempt to view the record in the form, I get the same error.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tina Norris Fields
231-322-2787