[AccessD] Imaging MS Access

The Smiley Coder thesmileycoder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 15:46:35 CDT 2017

I wrote an app 5 years ago, which primary purpose was keeping track of
on-site observations, mostly documented by photos. The code used would:
A) Create a thumbnail copy (200x150 or something like that) used for
showing in continous forms.
B) Create a "report size" image, ideal for printed reports.
C) Store the image metadata to a table.
C) Copy the original, and the above two images to a network share, using
naming like 8765_thumb, 8765_report, 8765_original

I would say that photos are much easier to handle than any other type of
document, because photos don't change (yes, yes, of course there are
exceptions) unlike documents and spreadsheets.

This worked extremely well (and is still in use btw). I think they have
reached more than 100.000 photo files by now.

Best regards
Anders Ebro // TheSmileyCoder <http://www.thesmileycoder.com>
Access MVP 2014-2018
<http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Anders%20Ebro-5000469>