[AccessD] Changing Column Width and Order in mde or accde

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:39:57 CDT 2017

I don't think so. Column order defaults to the order in which the fields
were added to the data sheet subform. Perhaps what you could do however is
keep a table with their column and their user name, on the back end.

Make the subform control's sourceobject an empty string, save the parent
form.

In the open event of the parent form, open the subform in design view
(using VBA code), dynamically add fields in the order specified in the
backend table, save, and close the local subform. Then in the Load event of
the parent form, re-associate the sourceobject.

I think at that point the subform's fields will be in the correct order.

Bill